Talking about payment terms外贸英语-谈谈付款条件payment terms
B: It's $ 120 per yard including a 5% discount.
B: 真丝每码120美元,其中包括5%的折扣。
A: That's much higher than I expected. Can you come down a bit?
A: 价格比我想象中要高得多,能否降低一点呢?
B: But if you place a larger order, we would increase the discount to 10% .
B: 如果你们订的再多一点的话,我方愿将折扣提到10%。
A: Supposing we agreed to your price, what payment terms could you offer us?
A: 那假如我们接受贵方价格,你方能提供什么付款条件呢?
B: Maybe we would consider a longer credit period.
B: 也许我们会考虑延长信用期。
A: That would be nice. Let's call it a deal.
A: 那太好了。就这么决定了。
A: Could you tell me which kind of payment you'll choose?
A: 能否告知你们将采用哪种付款方式?
B: We're going to pay by check.
B: 我们要开支票付款。
A: Will you please have the check certified?
A: 那么请开保付支票,好吗?
B: If you think it is necessary.
B:如果你认为有必要的话,可以。
A: It's just our policy. We would accept a certified check or a direct bank remittance.
A: 这只是公司的政策。我们接受保付支票或是银行直接汇款。
B: OK, no problem.
B: 好,没问题。
SAMPLE OF EMAIL
Dear Sir:
We have received your letter of December 20th and noted with interest your intention of pushing the sale of our automobiles in your country.
Although we are much appreciative of your efforts to help sell our automobiles, we regret being unable to consider your request for payment by D/A 60 days after sight. Our usual practice is to ask for sight L/C.
However, in order to facilitate developing the sale of automobiles in your market, we are prepared to accept payment by D/P at sight as a special accommodation.
We hope that the above payment terms will be acceptable to you and look forward to thepleasure of hearing from you soon.
先生:
十二月二十日来函收到,获悉你方有意在贵国推销我们的汽车。对此,我们很感兴趣。
对你们为推销我方汽车所作的努力,我们甚为感激。 但对你方要求以见票后六十天内承兑交单付款一事,我们很保歉不能予以考虑。我们通常的做法是要求即期信用证付款。
然而,为了促进我们的汽车在贵方市场上的销售,我方准备接受即期交单付款方式,以示特别照顾。
希望你能接受上述付款条件,并盼早日收到回音。